Tuesday, January 3, 2012

This Blog

Dan and I have been married for over 20 years. We have 2 teenage boys, and we both work. Yes life is pretty busy. Dan and I always wanted to put family before us as a couple. We weren't those parents that left their kids with grandparents or babysitters to go out to dinner or go away for the weekend. Almost everything we did over the past 14 years have included the kids. In May 2011, I was reading a couple's devotional by myself and I felt the nudging of God. Usually it's not a nudge. Usually I wait to act until God hits me over the head. I don't always notice the subtle hints. Anyways, I felt God nudging me back into a relationship with my husband. So I started searching around on the net for sites and books and found some very helpful resources. One of the things we've added into our marriage is DATE NIGHT! Date night for us means couple time - usually not family time. We have managed a few dates over the past few months and look forward to many more over the next year. I've started this blog to share our date ideas and give others some ideas and reassurances that it is okay to still date after you are married.

No comments:

Post a Comment