Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Breakfast Picnic

After spending some date nights going to dinner, I thought it was time for us to branch out. I planned a Breakfast Picnic at our nearby park. I created an invite to give my hubby and placed it in the bathroom window. We were remodeling our bathroom and knew he'd find it there. (Printable invite at the end of the post.)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


I made plans in my head thinking we would eat at the park, enjoy the playground, take a walk, etc. Well when you live with teenagers something always comes up. This time it was a car wash. We had to drop one son off at the local car dealer at 8:30. No problem I thought. That only puts us a starting a little later than planned. Well 8:30 turned into 9:00 and don't forget to pick him up at 11:00. Ugh! So we do what we can do - make the best of it.

The menu included coffee cake, fruit salad, and drinks (OJ for me and plenty of Diet Coke for him). I had purchased a cheap table cloth because you just never know about park picnic tables. I had also purchased bubbles for us to play with. After we ate and tried to blow a few bubbles, other people were arriving at the park. We decided to pack up the stuff and take a walk. We did stop at some teeter totters to play before we had to head out and get back to the chores of the day.

Date at the Park
Date at the Park
At the Park
park2

All layouts created with Serenity from Designs by Snowlady.

Here's a printable invite for you. This is for personal use only. Just print and fill in the information. Enjoy your date time!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea for a blog! Can we contribute? After 34 years of marriage, we could use some new ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Feel free to comment with your ideas. If you want to contribute a post, feel free to email me at designsbysnowlady at yahoo dot com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool idea!! I may try this one nicer/warmer weather happens. :)

    ReplyDelete