Tuesday, January 10, 2012

College Date Night

Dan and I both attended Purdue University. One weekend we were looking for something cheap to do. My RA had rented the movie The Accidental Tourist. She offered it up to us to watch. We found this to be one of the strangest movies we had ever watched.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Ever since college, we bring up that movie title all of the time. We couldn't remember what the movie was about just that it was strange! I found the movie on Netflix streaming, so I decided it was time to go back to college for Date Night. I created an invitation and left it on his pillow.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


The plans:

*wear our Purdue shirts
*drop the kids off at Youth Group
*pick up Hardee's on the way home (Hardee's was right across from our dorm in college.)
*watch The Accidental Tourist while eating dinner
*eat ice cream sandwiches for dessert (My RA always had these for snacks during floor meetings. She would always have an extra for Dan. )

I made the ice cream sandwiches myself using homemade chocolate chip cookies and vanilla ice cream.

Directions: Make your favorite type of cookie. Let cool. Set ice cream out to soften a bit. Slice the ice cream into slabs - about a half inch to an inch thick. To cut the ice cream in circles I used a small diameter glass. (Find something that is about the same size as the cookies.) Wrap individually in Saran wrap and freeze.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


I was trying to make this a surprise, but the ice cream was melting. I had to get help from Dan and the boys to get the sandwiches made, wrapped, and in the freezer before we had an ice cream pond.

We had a great time reliving some college moments. The movie made a little more sense this time around but was still strange.

College Date Night (left)

College Date Night (right)

*Layouts created with Be Happy from Scraps by Andrea

Think of a time awhile back in your lives that you can recreate today. Reliving the memories makes for a great Date Night!

Have fun dating your spouse!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you two have a great time together! :) I love this kind of idea. Stay in love. God bless you both.

    college dating

    ReplyDelete